Tuesday, October 22, 2013

MED 6000 "Is this a kissing book?" ~Grandson

MED 6000 Fundamentals of Graduate Study

I had many questions when I began the program concerning the content of the courses and the requirements.  This quote seemed to fit well in that context.  I was a little bit nervous about my ability to actually accomplish all that was required.

What have I learned?
I learned quite a lot about APA format and where to find the information I needed.

I found myself conflicted about the subject for my project, so I started in a direction that I did not truly want to go.   I struggled with how I would accomplish the project I really wanted to do, so I looked in other directions for a related project that I thought I could actually finish.

Research skills that I learned many years ago in high school had to be translated to online research skills.  I have to admit, doing an online search is much quicker than poring through the card catalog.  

What do the products of this class say about me?
The products of this class illustrate my wishy-washy-ness in choosing a subject.  I learned quite a bit about format and style that show through in the graded assignments.

How will this aid my students?
There were times when I felt that once I knew where to find the answer to my question I didn't need the in-class repetition.  I hope I can be intuitive enough to know when my students need to move on to the next challenge.  There is a fine line between student boredom because they know what they need to know and boredom because they need more scaffolding.

Artifact
I have linked the first literature review I wrote.  This is the first of at least four literature reviews I wrote during the MEd program.  

No comments:

Post a Comment