Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Introduction "Have fun storming the castle!" ~Miracle Max

I have organized this portfolio according to course number.  The table of contents follows the course numbers for ease of finding a particular class.  The quotes from "The Princess Bride" that I have associated with each course help to add lightness and clarity to this portfolio.  Blog writing generally has a more conversational style of writing which is a great contrast to the research writing that I've learned through this program.  That comes as a welcome break.


For each class I answered three questions meant to evaluate my program of study.  These questions are,  "What have I learned?" "What do the products of this class say about me?" and "How will this aid my students?"  It is intended to provide an example of the application of the concepts and skills I have learned throughout the last four years.

"Has it got any sports in it?" 
"Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles." 
"Doesn't sound too bad, I'll try and stay awake." 
~Grandson and Grandfather

Rather than put together a bunch of paper that no one but me will ever look at after I'm finished with my degree, I decided to put it all online.  A blog seemed like the perfect way to catalog my work from the last 4 years.  Blogging is new to me, so I'm also learning something in the process...another interesting journey.  You are invited to take a look and comment if you wish.  I only ask that comments be G-rated because I would like to maintain a professional appearance (and this is being graded by my professor).

No comments:

Post a Comment